Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Two Words: FRENCH TOAST

Day Two: Can't Complain

Breakfast: French Toast with JC Syrup

I had to wake up early this morning to play teacher at U of Memphis. Do you know what gave me the motivation to jump out of bed? Two words: FRENCH TOAST. My breakfast did not fail me. It absolutely delicious & I got to class on time.

Lunch: Tortilla Soup + Side Salad


I felt like I was in Panera eating from the "Choose Any Two" menu. The soup was hearty and portioned perfectly. I used JC ranch dressing on my side salad & couldn't even tell it was not Hidden Valley! Side note: I ate my lunch in an actual office (with tons of to-be-graded quizzes around me while talking to Amanda on the phone). My words to her were, "I totally feel like a grown-up." Needless to say, I love teaching (even if I've only taught for one day).

Snack: Anytime Bar

It still tasted perfect. Who doesn't love cookie dough & white chocolate?

Another Snack: Strawberries with Sweet n Low


Wednesdays are early days for me, so I got home in time to prepare my afternoon snack. Strawberries make me smile, but I usually eat them with gobs of cream cheese fruit dip. Today, however, I chose sweetener. While I adore the fruit dip, sweetener was a nice alternative.

Dinner: Meat Loaf w/ Barbecue Sauce, Roasted Potatoes, English Peas & Side Salad


My nightly meals are my favorite. I anticipate the arrival of dinner everyday. Being on this diet does not make me anticipate it any less. Tonight, I felt like my mama cooked a Sunday afternoon meal for me. YUMMY!

Lessons Learned:


1) Taking the stairs is not that bad.
2) I don't have to eat to prevent boredom. (Thank you pinterest.com, Twitter, American Idol & iTunes)
3) Saying no to sinful snacks is not hard!

Soon To Be Thin,

Court

No comments:

Post a Comment