Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Preparation Is Key

Day One: Success

My first day as a Jenny Craiger proved to be fairly simple, with a little bit of clever thinking and preparation. I've learned already that these two words are key on this diet. I planned out my day last night and it really helped me stick to a healthy plan.

Breakfast: Morning meeting at Bronte @ Davis Kidd

I proudly pulled out my cereal and ordered a glass of milk, side of fruit and a bowl. The PRSA Vox committee members congratulated me for taking a step toward a healthier me and I was beyond thankful for their support. I discovered two things: I like pineapple and milk + side of fruit + diet coke = too much money at Bronte.


Lunch: Outing at Republic Coffee


I ate lunch with Claudine, one of my new Memphis friends, who was very excited when I told her I joined Jenny. I brought my chicken salad kit and put it on a salad with nonfat balsamic vinaigrette dressing. It was delicious & very filling. For dessert, I had an anytime bar (which tasted like cookie dough covered in white chocolate.

Afternoon Snack: Grad lounge

While furiously trying to finish an assignment, I remembered I had JC cheetos in my bag. They were wonderful, but very sticky (as most cheetos are). Elise, another one of my new Memphis friends, gave me some fabulous tips while I was chowing down on my snack!

Now let's pause for the moment where I almost caved under pressure.

I didn't though. Just say no to vending machine brownies.


Dinner: Finally home


This was my favorite part of the day. Chicken fettuccine and English peas. Even though I ate at 9:15 p.m., I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Now it's almost bed time and I had a fulfilling day.

I feel it's important to thank everyone who encouraged me today & checked in to see how I was making it--Mom, Dad, Aunt Anne, Christie, Vox Committee, Claudine, Elise, Maggie, Kristen & Cynthia. I'm beyond blessed to have many new & old friends who support me!

Soon To Be Thin,

Court

2 comments:

  1. Courtney, I'm so proud of you! Great job, and keep it up. I'm gonna keep reading so maybe I will get inspired!! So glad I got to catch up with you on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kelli! I hope this blog is inspiring...I'm finally realizing it is possible to make a lifestyle change. I so enjoyed seeing you all on Friday. God has blessed me with so many wonderful friends!!!

    ReplyDelete