Monday, April 11, 2011

Today's The Day

The last meal. Sounds very final, doesn't it?

I had mine tonight because tomorrow morning, I am beginning an adventure to a new me. This has been long overdue & attempted many times before, but often without fail or relapse. This time, however, I am doing this for me (not for a boy or a shopping trip). My health & happiness are most important and I'm taking the steps to improve that.

It is important to share why weight loss has been so hard for me. It's not because I turn to food for comfort or because I'm not accepted by my peers. I've led the atypical fat-girl life. Acceptance. Clothes. Happiness. Relationships (although those have been very few and far between). Needless to say, I've never felt that my appearance has kept me from living a fulfilling life.

However, losing weight (50 pounds to be exact) is going to make my life even more fulfilling. Funny that I choose to use the word FULFILLING, isn't it? Most of the time, diets do not fulfill you...growling stomachs, boring salads and too much exercise. This diet, however, is going to be different.

I joined Jenny Craig today and I have the most delicious-looking food in the kitchen. My meals are cheaper than the typical restaurant meal and they don't take very long to prepare. The best part is that I can change foods that I might not like and I get to incorporate restaurant foods in the mix.

Thank you for joining me in my adventure to become thin & healthy. I hope you find encouragement and happiness in this blog.

Soon To Be Thin,

Court

No comments:

Post a Comment