Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Ruffle Your Feathers

What's my favorite part of losing weight?

BUYING NEW CLOTHES, FITTING INTO OLD CLOTHES & FEELING CONFIDENT IN THEM.

As most of you know, I'm a shop-a-holic. If someone says shopping, I say when? Lately, I've discovered that my clothes are bigger and my waist is smaller. What a wonderful feeling! Although I can't buy new clothes (grad student budget), it's exciting to look for inspiration from magazines & other blogs and recreate it from my current wardrobe.

Doing something as simple as putting a cool shirt over a dress, makes one feel like they are wearing something new. Ten pounds ago, I refrained from being adventurous because my confidence level was low. Now, I simply go for it. I mean why not?

My suggestions for boosting confidence level in a stylish way:

1. Wear a belt, or two. (Target has the best)

2. Put on some heels. (it automatically makes you feel more powerful)

3. Get your hair done (and put some feathers on your head)


4. Jewelry, jewelry, jewelry (Turkoyz, Forever 21 & Anthropologie have the best selection)

5. Find inspiration from your favorite magazine.

I can't wait to shop for a skinny wardrobe, but until then I'll work what I have!

Soon To Be Thin,

Court

2 comments:

  1. Well, I agree with everything except the feather in your hair!! NOT in love with that trend! I wish you could channel some of your motivation my way! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kelli! It's a lot of fun...even if it's a trend. I try to avoid them, but I couldn't resist this one!

    ReplyDelete